Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
maybe Ketron should insist the distributors stock parts, thats not my call.

I don't see why they should insist though, its common sense to me, if your going to sell any product line you have to be able to offer some kind of support.

Otherwise you get frustration which leads to anger and in the end affects business. What annoys me is that what happens here looks bad for all of us, and very quickly months of hard work trying to build a reputation is blown away over a couple of bad experiences and a host of grumpy old farts making it 10 times worse. From my experience in the last two years with Ketron Italy, they seem to be a good and honourable company. They have been a great deal of help in supplying technical answers and parts - even for very old Solton instruments. I love their products, which have a quirkyness about them that gives the instruments personality. And I respect that they are pushing forward with the Audya wheras everyone else continues to play it safe with leftover 80s technolgy.

My advice for anyone who has a fault with a brand new instrument is give the dealer a reasonable time to get it repaired or if that fails get it exchanged. Its not the job of the end user to chase distributors or manufacturers.

If someone was to have a genuine fault with a new ketron in the UK, I can guarantee we will offer to repair it first and if that is not acceptable we will swap it for them within days. Fortunately this has only happened once in two years though.

TWD,

My brain has been working with this Skude thing and I have just released that you think I am a grumpy old fart, that’s OK but that might be so I don’t have a problem being marginalized in this way. I take it that a grumpy old fart is someone who doesn’t agree with your way of thinking, now I have a problem with that TWD because you have a vested interest in selling a product that we are discussing, so I can’t accept any judgment you have about anyone in this area. I will say it again and again TWD, had Skude bought his KB from you I would have no doubt whatsoever it would be working now, the high seas would not stop you from doing your duty. Can we get that clear, I have never questioned you business ethics, I just think you defend Ketron above and beyond that call of duty. If Ketron did go under and I hope they don’t, how would you feel when you have supported them in this way? TWD, companies go to the wall in an instance and people on the shop floor don’t have a clue what is going on. You’re will not immune to this if it happens.

Grumpy old fart (GOF)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey