I'm in the same category as Diki in that both my keyboards are identical in every respect. Same model, same memory, same OS, same everything. If one board were to crap out, which fortunately, has never happened, my backup board is ready to go at all times.

Each time I make a change in a registration, style, EQ settings, etc.. in one keyboard, the other is usually changed the same day.

There are a few things that would cause me to upgrade from my current Yamaha PSR-3000s, one of which would be the addition of a built-in hard drive, or high-capacity memory card drive that could be left in the keyboard at all times. Additionally, the ability to display lyrics and play mp3s would also be a nice feature. Yes, I know much of this is available in the T3, however, the T3 weighs significantly more, it's a bit bulky, and nearly everyone I know has encountered both software and hardware problems--which is not what a working entertainer needs to encounter, particularly while on the job.

From my perspective, the PSR-3000 has been a workhorse that has never let me down. It has performed flawlessly during thousands of jobs. The way things are going, I guess I'll be sticking with them, maybe for as long as Fran owned the G-1000.

Good topic Chas,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)