Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Nick,
Nice work..I enjoyed them both..
By the way which PA1 style did you start with..on the trance? I have a PA2 , but also have all of the PA1 styles. I really like the style you came up with for the trance.

Thanks,
Lee

Lee and Harold - thanks for the feedback. much appreciated!

Lee - to be honest now i cant remember where i got that style from. all i know its called "Dream" and i was pretty sure it came from a PA80 or PA1x style set. But like I mentioned i did a bit of editing and had to swap drum kits to get that nice punchy sound.

Of all keyboards i have ever owned, this is definitely my most favorite dance/trance style yet! it just works with everything...

Squeak - the build quality of the PA 800 is pretty good. the fact that its plastic obviously makes it 'weaker' than a metal keyboard liek the motif, but it still seems very sturdy and well put together.

i remember the tyros 2 and the psr3000, u could literally twist the keyboard with your bare hands and u would hear it creak. this does not happen with the PA, its a much more firmer build...

the buttons feel just as good as the Motif did, the sliders are also very good. they are a little but smaller than the motif sliders but still nice n sturdy. i remember playing on an MM6 or a Juno D(i think it was Juno D or G) and those sliders felt like toys.

As i have said before i think the PA 800 is ugly as but it is still a well built keyboard... the onboard speakers are surprisingly alot better than i expected too.

I run my PA 800 through a Logitech Z3200 THX speaker setup and they really bring the keyboard alive!

I will be posting some more demos soon.

after owning a Motif synth for so long, going back to an arranger is a learning curve again. i basically need to re learn most of the chords for the songs i use to play as well as all the style changes, fills, track mutes, un mutes etc etc.

Nick