Listened to the first one... Much better than those other demos. A lot closer.

BUT.... is it me, or did it always seem like there was some kind of 'disconnect' in the timing of the guitar parts? A slight dragging feeling? I've got a sneaky feeling that the latency is coming into play.

For something like a guitar loop to be in sync with the regular arranger, that latency has got to be super-low, not to mention the code for the loop library has got to select and play the thing at virtually realtime speeds. Like I have said before, these things are designed as studio tools, not really for a live performance. Sure, you CAN play them live, but in the real world, at what these things are designed for, you don't actually use the live performance. It becomes the control track for the VSTi, you can edit it and quantize it, and then you render the part offline, which gives you a sample accurate performance in time with the rest of your tune.

But, on the whole, MUCH, much better than those previous, sorry to say it, but awful demos before. This one shows just how much better it COULD be, but I believe that latency and tracking time need to be improved a bit before it 'sits' in with hardware speeds comfortably...

What we need is someone to build a guitar library expressly for live use, optimized for tracking time and low latency. Perhaps when enough of these 'soft' keyboards like Wersi, MS, Neko and Muse are out there, the designers will prioritize live latency....

Still, thanks, Bill. A LOT closer. Now, where are all the users? I think I'm still on the money when I say that probably most OAS arrangers are just doing very basic stuff... What VSTi's are you using?