That's great that everybody was able to download it okay. The new file sharing service caps the download speed at 100KB/s for the free accounts and that's what I have with them for now. I wanted to see how the service worked first before I considered stepping up to the next level with their pay accounts. Although I may not need to since everybody's downloads were trouble free with no real lag time or slow downs, etc.

It's funny that reverb was brought up because I added extra reverb after I had recorded the song and it was reverb applied globally for even the Piano. But the Piano was basically dry before I added the extra amount, whereas the other instruments had more initially before applying the other globally. And you may have noticed near the very end of the song when the Piano part was hitting the high octave notes just before the finish that I discerned a little 'ringing' when the note rolled off and decayed in a couple of spots. I'm pretty certain adding the reverb globally may have caused that undesirable effect in that specific ac piano patch. It's not too noticable, nevertheless it would never make it to radio or CD the way it is and I would need to re-record it without producing those anomalies, and or, eliminate them using my sound editing software possibly.

The Piano is the main part and focus of the song but I agree it should have laid back in the mix more, or bring the other tracks volumes up and forward more. The Piano was indeed a little loud in the mix. The Muted Trumpet kind of startles you too when it comes in.

Yes, the Piano was 'mainly' a Sonic Cell PRST AC Piano patch but I did have the Tyros Live! Grand layered in there as well but at an extra low volume level. Same with the Drums where they were mainly the Sonic Cell's drum kit with the Tyros' Live! Standard Kit combined at a much lower volume level. But of course the Drum Kits on the Sonic Cell are the better sounding drum kits compared to the Tyros' less than professional sounding kits are, so obviously I wanted to put my best drum kit sound louder in the mix. And the Sonic Cell sells for roughly 1/4 of the price the Tyros went for! I really hope Yamaha will give the Tyros3 not only 'new' drum kits as they stated, but more importantly "new and improved" drum kits. Hopefully when they said new they were really meaning to imply that they will indeed be new AND 'improved'? If somebody is willing to spend four grand on Yamaha's new totl flagship arranger keyboard, they should get totl professional drum kit sounds in it as well. >> I can hear everybody in the background saying to themselves "ain't that the truth".

Thanks to everyone who helped me test the service out. It seems that it will be acceptable until I can get another personal web site built.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 06-11-2008).]