Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:

It would be hard to convince me of Ketron's reliability.

I've had mine for around 4 months and already the screen is flickering and going blakc to the point that I am scared to use it live, and for some unknown reason, all of a sudden the bass lines will DROP OUT completely of a style and a reboot is the only solution. This last problem has started to manifest itself in the past two weeks. It's getting more common, to the degree that about once every other hour-long session of practice it will happen.

I'm scared to death to use the thing live and always bring my 10-year old, VERY trustworthy Alesis SR-16 drum machine along as a backup. The first time I am forced to use it at a gig will be the day I put my XD3 up for sale.

Like you said though, you have used your Ketron for 3 years without a problem. I have used mine for four months (bought it brand new from George Kaye!) and have run into problems.

Just my opinion and my experience.

Tommy

PS> Yamaha probably sells 100x more keyboards (probably many more than that) than Ketron so to say that a couple people complained about Yamahas and a couple people complained about Ketrons on a BBS aren't really comparable.

Hey Tommy ,

What operating OS are you using with your SD1?

Have you done any upgrades or downgrades with the OS ?

Curios ....