The Yamaha PSR9000 that I play professionally and Most top of the line units are much-misinterpreted keyboards. When I hear people say these sounds are better or these styles are better I just laugh inside because in the last 2 months I have dissected this keyboard like no other (due to fantastic Fully Programable Mixing Capabilities in every catagory). Feature by feature I have tweaked, voices, styles like no other keyboard I have ever owned (and I have had alot), you'd be surprised at the difference adjusting harmonic content, delays, filters, chorus, etc will do to a style, like taking a stock Solo Trumpet that sounds like a Harmonica and making it sound like Al Hirt 's horn, (Tip) most are defaulted FLAT (64) and NEED these adjustments. Fully edited midis, assembled different parts from other styles (mix & match) and also recorded new parts within a style,tweak Vocalizer setting parameters, import sampled sounds into the mix as custom voices, created totally new styles from scratch track by track when you need that special riff,listen to other keyboard syles and get ideas to create your own, recorded new real-time Multipad sequences (awesome) to be used in the mix, and too many other things to discuss in one post. But what I am saying is, don't be fooled into thinking that an arranger keyboard alone will do all the work for you. Just saying what's better is the problem we face in some of these threads. Playing is one thing, being a good musician who can take a keyboard and listen to things and make adjustments to make it sound better or to suit your taste is a big part of the Arranger keyboard overall experience. If you just play out of the box with default settings you are missing the boat on what these units are all about in my opinion. Take the time to go over every feature whether you use all them or just a few to get that special mix, don't be afraid to turn a few knobs and see what happens? Most manufactures DON'T know what you like in regards to "YOUR SPECIAL SOUND" they just give you a middle ground to work with as a foundation to build on. Most Top units can do these things, some do them in a different way and that also is a consideration to what feels comfortable when you're navigating and playing it. So during the next "What's Better" frenzy remember this post and it will sooth the beast!!

Play Music Every day…………

Donny NJ

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-01-2001).]