Hi George,

Thanks for your response. I totally fully agree with you with regards to potential disasters happening to the X1 and not being able to restore, thats why I thought it was essential to have a restore available. I would have to admit its rather 'lazy' of solton not to have included it and even now not even attempting to create any disks. I think is very dangerous to be complacent, and I think solton are being just that. The amount of things I have lost with regards to computer data (and would never of had it back had it not been for backups).

I noticed that DonM has already asked the question about backups, and I have already done some backups of my own, but doing it a long winded way by simply copying various bits of the HD to floppy then placing it either on a PC or keeping it on floppy.

What I have done is backed up the styles to floppy (I used 4 disks for this) and then the rest of the stuff I transferred over to my PC for storage (as I think just 1 sound bank takes up 1 HD diskette and theres around 16 banks I think).

I am sure theres another way, I think you can network the X1 to a PC directly and do it that way but I have never tried it and would not know where to start either without experimenting.

Danny (UK)