Hi AJ,
don't know about the USA, but in Aust, there seems to be a bit of a stigma attached to using arranger keyboards. They're regarded more as a hobbyist or home user board.Problem is arrangers here are normally sold in stores where digital piano's are sold , ( and electronic organs used to be sold) rather than in the so called "professional" store where synths, workstations, guitars, p.a's etc ( all the cool stuff) haa haa.

Try & tell an 20 year old it's "cool" to play an arranger. They walk in the store, notice it's mainly retirees ( like myself ( haa haa) plonking away on the keys , and they walk back out.

Put the same keyboard in a setting with an array of synths & workstations, point out some of the amazing features, and you've got half a hope.

I think marketing has a lot to do with it, plus it's very difficult to find a store that bothers to keep top of the line arrangers in stock.
Technics was one exception, we had a really great dealer in Sydney. He had all the models.
I had problems before Xmas trying to buy a Yammie, no hope of getting a Tyros 2, & discovered much to my surprise , I couldn't even get a PSR3000 till some time in Jan or Feb 2006. I rang close to a dozen yammie dealers.

Anyway, their loss, Ketron's gain. Discovered we actually had a Ketron dealer in Sydney, and more's the point, he actually keeps the top of the line Ketron
in stock.
Hoping he turns out to be as good as my technics dealer of 15 years. Time will tell.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022