hi everyone, this looks like a cool forum,and im here to ask some questions and hopefully help with experience along the way. anyways, i really wanna start playing music live again, i was once in a band working a laptop and a drum machine and now id like to play my own music ive done on the computer live, so i figured id get myself a good synth and use a laptop for samples and crap. well i started looking and found the microKORG. it really seems to be a good choice for me. i dont have a ton of money to spend and its aimed twords the EBM/electro crowd. but heres where you come in...
i have some questions about synths in general: (sorry if it is all dumb questions, but im used to using PC programs and learning from ear kinda stuff...i gotta learn somewhere)
-what does LFO mean/stand for/use of
-what is 4-voice polyphone
-what do people mean when they say 'patching' or 'virtual patching'
-what effect/use if there for an arpeggiator. is that meaning making a sound 'jump' around?

like i said, im used to trial and error kind of learning. sorry if they are dumb. also, do u guys think the MicroKORG is a good choice for a beginner like myself?