Hello group...................When I went into my local music store 3 years ago I was looking for some type of sound module that had the ability to play arrangements easily (single finger mode) similar to the Yamaha PSR keyboards I have enjoyed thru out the years.....but I wanted more!! I also wanted to be able to load new styles and make my own styles too. Thinking the salesman would point me in the direction of another higher level Yamaha PSR I was surprised when he showed me the Korg i40M. It seemed like it had way more functions that I would need, but it did do what I wanted with the styles. The instrument sounded so good too!! So I bought it, joined this helpful group, and have learned many things my i40M can do. I have Georg's complete style collection which is tops, and have even dabbled in making a few of my own. I have never been sorry for buying this instrument.........................................
That day I was in the music store there was also a guitar player and his girlfriend (HOT!!) hooked up to another i40M. He had his guitar hooked up into it and the i40M seemed to provide auto accompaniment to his playing. Very cool!! Later his girlfriend had a microphone hooked into the i40M and her singing seemed to have an auto-harmony accompanying her. It seemed cool at the time and I have always kept it in the back of my mind that someday I might like to try something like that...............................WELL!! That day has come. I don't play guitar, but I did buy a microphone and hooked it into the i40M. I set that keyboard set to A1, and adjusted the gain as the manual said. In ARR PLAY mode I tried playing chord progressions with my left hand and singing into the mic. I could hear my voice alright (it actually sounded better than I thought it would!!) but did not hear any harmony. I went back to the manual, and went thru the page settings and I think everything it right, but I still can't hear any harmonizing. Did I not hear what I thought I heard when that girl was singing?? The i40M will do this....correct?? The manual talks about these settings, but doesn't go into very much detail on what each setting does. I hope I'm just missing something simple. I was able to change some of the echo and reverb settings of my voice.............I just can't get any synthesized harmony. Can someone guide me thru this???? I'm taking another BIG step here....................at least in my world. Thanks -- CHARLEY