Hello Valere,

I had the same problem as you: I wanted to buy a professional keyboard and could not decide between Solton X1 and Yamaha PSR 9000. I played both keyboard very long and then bought the PSR 9000.
I will not repeat, what has been already written in this forum, you can find here many reviews and comments to both keyboards. I can tell you, that it is the same, which keyboard you will choose. They both are the best keyboards now, with many great features, e.g. I liked the styles of the X1 much more than the PSR 9000's ones. But short time ago I experienced, that there exists a software called EMS Styles Works, which will be able to convert the X1 styles into the PSR 9000 format. So I can buy these converted X1's styles (and I will do it) and have them on my PSR 9000.

The PSR 9000 has many drawbacks now. The keyboard is as hardware complete, but the software (the operating system) has many errors. I wrote about three problems some weeks ago in this forum. In the meantime I found a few other mistakes. I spoke with PSR 9000's hotline man and he told me, that in March/April 2000 a new version of the operating system will come out, which will be quite different and considerable better than the old one (Yamaha will even write a new user manual, because of many additional features, which will come with the new version).

It is now up to you, what keyboard you will choose. But think, that the PSR 9000 will be rather improved in a few months.

Good luck

Marek