John,
first of all, let me congratulate with you for your italian; I am sure that you have spent more than a few days in my country. Then let me say that I really liked Fabio's songs (by the way, he has an italian name and that's a big plus, to my eyes...). The drums are really good and reminded me those I heard in the SD1 demo CD (the track was aptly called "Acoustic drummer"), and also the Roland V-drums (and that's a big compliment, for sure!)
When I bought the VA 7 I gave the PA 80 a good try, but at the end went for Roland, because the dealer offered me a great price (almost the same as the PA 80...) and because I liked the Roland sounds more (and I am not talking just of drums...)
I agree that Roland, Korg and Ketron have the best drums among all the arrangers; sometimes it's really hard to tell the difference...
Con amicizia,
Andrea