Well, I sold my Petosa Millennium Digital Reedless accordion along with my Ketron XD3 and they are both on their way to Kansas as I type this. I am sure going to miss both of them as I learned a lot of music and improv skills from them.

I recently purchased a really nice acoustic jazz accordion and it records really well with my Yamaha AW16G. I have been listening to Miles Davis' Sketches of Spain for about the past 4 months and have written something similar using the jazz accordion as the lead.

I need something now that I can use for all of the fill-ins: Oboe, Sax, horns, jazz drum kits, etc. I am really going back and forth on the Tyros and the Motif ES (and if I really want to get confused I've even thought about the Giga-PC route!).

Hearing those PA1XPro demos from Notlos really through me for a loop! They were outstanding. I do really like arranger functionality and ease of use.

Ketron is out because, frankly, I look at them as about two years behind the competition. The XD3 was a really great module but it had so many limitations (if the polyphony cut out on me one more time with the alto-sax on harmony I was going to THROW IT!) that I decided to go with one of the big two - Yamaha or Korg. My AW16G was a pain in the butt to figure out but I have it down now and it works flawlessy and does what I want. So the Motif doesn't scare me TOO much.

Any suggestions? Are the Tyros sounds good enough to use without the accompaniment for my project? Are the Motif voices richer and better?

This new Korg just scares me a little. Too new, too expensive, and too many flaws from what I've read here. The Tyros is stable and most users rave about it. The keyboard doesn't bother me a bit - I play an accordion with the worst "action" you could ever imagine!

As usual, any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tommy