SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Arranger Keyboard Forum
Jump to new posts Re: JUST A ROLAND E a7 by Diki @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

I think our biggest hurdle going from one brand to another is wanting to do what we already do... But if you boil it down, the whole reason we tried something new was because we DIDN’T want to do what we were doing! There’s a lot to be said for
The Bar
Jump to new posts James Last Emulation on Yamaha MODX by Crossover @ Yesterday at 11:30 AM

I‘ve arranged this German folk music medley in James Last style by ear. He used this arrangement for decades, originally appearing on his folk records of the late 1960s. https://youtu.be/fYkKgD7bK4A
Ketron Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SD90 Firmware Update by Patrick22fr @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

Hello Dan You did well to contact Ajam, they know these instruments perfectly. For my part I have not encountered any difficulty with updating the FirmWare. I encountered some difficulties when using USB sticks, sometimes the screen froze or somet
Jump to new posts Re: JUST A ROLAND E a7 by montunoman @ Yesterday at 07:37 AM

John C, enjoy your new KB. It always fun playing on a new instrument and I admire your curiosity for learning new things! Personally my patience can be quite low, and I tend to stick with what I know, which not always the best mindset.
Ketron Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SD90 Firmware Update by nightowl @ Yesterday at 07:31 AM

Hello Patrick The problem occurring on multiple internal styles and Golden Packs styles, I'm not using an external USB drive with styles. When it starts flicking and then stops, the touch screen not responding. I've also sent emails and videos to A
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Tapas @ 04/12/21 12:54 PM

The User Manual for the Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller is exceptionally well written. http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manuals/res/1810998/FC-300_e2.pdf This is one of the rare Foot Controllers that support a SysEx Mode. So, all bases are cov
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Tapas @ 04/12/21 10:51 AM

Now that I have figured out how easy it would be trigger the Style Elements on the Yamaha GENOS using any MIDI Foot Controller, I have boiled down my choices to these two units: Behringer FCB1010Roland FC-300 Scouring the Internet, I found these
Jump to new posts Re: JUST A ROLAND E a7 by bruno123 @ 04/12/21 07:35 AM

DiKi, thank you for your impute, it helped me keep my original thought -- I bought the Ea7 to fill in when I was becoming board with my world; you know, something new to do. I do work as you suggested, one thing at a time, Thanks. I am now working
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Tapas @ 04/12/21 02:49 AM

I found the author of the YouTube video in my previous post. He is Frank from Germany. He has written a User Guide on how to configure the Yamaha MC10 Foot Controller with the GENOS. https://www.keyboard-akademie.de/wp-content/uploads/GENOS-und_MF
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Tapas @ 04/12/21 02:19 AM

I just found a YouTube video posted by a person showing how to make any External MIDI Foot Controller or Keyboard trigger the Variations, Fills, etc., on a GENOS https://youtu.be/d3dqr9rhVW4?t=15 This example shows how a combination of a Control Ch
Ketron Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SD90 Firmware Update by Patrick22fr @ 04/12/21 01:50 AM

Hello Dan Does this problem occur on multiple internal styles or on styles coming from a USB stick? With poor quality USB drives I have also encountered issues with some styles. In order not to have any problem with data transmission with the USB k
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Tapas @ 04/12/21 01:42 AM

Hi Diki, That is an excellent observation. I checked the Behringer FCB1010 User Manual. It can send a Program Change message or a Control Change message or a Note message or a combination thereof. I do not see a way to store and send SysEx mess
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Diki @ 04/12/21 12:45 AM

Whatever you get, make sure it can send sysex strings (and be prepared for some considerable head scratching if there are any variables in the string!). For some mad reason, rather than simple PC# and CC00/32 codes for changing Divisions (as Korg an
Jump to new posts Re: JUST A ROLAND E a7 by Diki @ 04/12/21 12:38 AM

I find the easiest way to remember stuff from the manual (as I get older myself!) is to concentrate on one thing at a time, but to actually DO whatever it is I’m reading... Somehow, my mind will absorb it by the old ‘monkey see, monkey do’ pro
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Easter / MODX backing by captain Russ @ 04/11/21 11:48 AM

Glad to see this. At my age, you're one of my favorite "kids". Be well, Russ
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Easter / MODX backing by Crossover @ 04/11/21 10:53 AM

It was a bt misleading that the pastor who did the editing cut the sequence with her in, although she‘s obviously playing something different on the organ, the timing doesn‘t fit. I‘m the one sitting at the digital piano (a Yamaha P255) - the w
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Easter / MODX backing by captain Russ @ 04/11/21 10:36 AM

Damn! Now I'll have to stop telling everyone that that's my adopted kid on the screen! R/\.
Ketron Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SD90 Firmware Update by nightowl @ 04/11/21 01:29 AM

Hi Patric. Thanks for your reply, the problem is, in style mode, the bottom function menu (Fill 1, 2 , View etc) starts flicking for a few seconds and then stopped, after a few minutes, it's happening again. Best Regards Dan
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Tapas @ 04/10/21 05:49 PM

Hi Ted, Aha! I learned something new today from your post. This is why this forum is so valuable. The Roland Pedal Boards are indeed great choices: https://www.roland.com/us/products/pk-6/ https://www.roland.com/us/products/pk-9/ From the look
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by TedS @ 04/10/21 05:13 PM

In the interest of completeness there are a few other options I'll add to this thread (for your reference, and others' in the future.) First, there's the Roland PK-6 and PK-9. They are both primarily pedalboards. But the PK-6 has an array of foots
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Genos 2 anticipated release date by Tapas @ 04/10/21 04:41 PM

I am seeking your expert opinion on the best MIDI Foot Controller for the Yamaha GENOS Arranger Keyboard. I will be using a Roland RD-700GX 88 Key controller sitting on a Quik-Lok M91 Keyboard Stand. https://www.quiklok.com/product/m-91-monolith-ke
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Easter / MODX backing by Crossover @ 04/10/21 09:32 AM

Thanks everyone. Just to make sure there's no confusion: the woman playing the church organ in the middle of the video without sound is my colleague (we are two female organists in our parish as we have three churches and sometimes two services simul
Jump to new posts Re: JUST A ROLAND E a7 by bruno123 @ 04/10/21 04:44 AM

Teds, you are so right, be patient. I woke up early this morning, read your post, and went to my Ea7, and did what you said. Nice, thank you, John C.
Jump to new posts Re: JUST A ROLAND E a7 by TedS @ 04/09/21 09:59 PM

Congratulations John! Be patient with yourself, as every brand has their own way of doing things. I don't have an E-A7. Looking at the manual, I would try the buttons to the right of Screen One (the left screen) to select Rt2 / Rt3 / Lower, and
Jump to new posts JUST A ROLAND E a7 by bruno123 @ 04/09/21 04:19 PM

The Roland Ea7 Keyboard. April, 8,2021 Just bought a Ea7 to add to my Sx900. The instrument sounds are great, the styles are alive, and the weight is just right. After 20minutes I remembered doing the same thing when I had my Kn7000; I added a
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Help keep Synth Zone Online